Phillip Seymour Hoffman Dead Of Overdose
Published By: Tara ClemFebruary 2, 2014
Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead of overdose – It’s a sad day for the entertainment industry, as we suffered the loss of an Oscar-winning actor. Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose today in his New York City Apartment. He was found by a personal assistant in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm. This was just recently reported by the NYC police.
It’s a headline that nobody wanted to see, Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead of overdose…..and unfortunately, was all of his friend’s worst fears. The Oscar Award Winning Capote actor has struggled with drug addiction and has even been through rehab.
Today, Sunday, February 2, 2014, Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s personal assistant found Hoffman’s body in an apartment at 35 Bethune St. and called 911 around 11:30 a.m, sources said. New York Cops are at the scene currently and are investigating, sources said.
Hoffman has struggled with drug abuse, and in 2006, he publicly admitted that he nearly succumbed to substance abuse, but got sober in rehab. Heroin was always Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s drug of choice, and unfortunately, he lost his battle. He has been sober for awhile, but apparently just fell off the wagon and went overboard.
“It was all that (drugs and alcohol), yeah. It was anything I could get my hands on…I liked it all,” he told “60 Minutes” as the time.
Last year, Hoffman reportedly checked himself into rehab again for ten days after relapsing in 2012. TMZ said he began using prescription pills, then snorted heroin for about a week before realizing he needed help.
Hoffman, who won a Best Actor Oscar for the 2005 film Capote, spent 10 days in a detox facility for heroin use in May last year. At the time, TMZ reported Hoffman had struggled with substance abuse in the past but kicked the habit for 23 years. Hoffman told TMZ the heroin use lasted about a week before he realized he needed help and checked into a detox facility.
His relapse started with prescription pills and escalated to snorting heroin. But today, it was a needle full of heroin that lead to the tragic headlines, Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead of overdose.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in a longstanding relationship with costume designer Mimi O’Donnell. They have three children together, that he leaves behind. A son, Cooper Alexander, born in March 2003, and two daughters, Tallulah, born in November 2006 and Willa, born in October 2008. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s family….RIP to an amazing talent.